Sunday, February 23, 2020

Home for an Orphan Block

I ran across this floral log cabin block while cleaning out my scrap bins the other week, It’s the first time I’ve seen it since we moved to the new house in 2017. I wondered where it was. I’ve had it a long time and have never known what to do with it until now.

Cleaning out the scrap bins made my whole sewing room a big mess, so this piece got laid on top of my small pressing mat next to my sewing machine so I wouldn’t loose track of it in all the chaos.

I like it there. I would rather look at it instead of the unattractive pressing mat. So I pieced together a couple bits of scrap batting, and pulled out a scrap piece of white flannel for the back and quilted it. I had barely enough 2” strips of a single fabric left over from the quilt to make the binding. So my Slow Sunday Stitching project for today is sewing the binding down on the back. It’s been a busy week of doctor appointments, an out of town trip, and working on my OMG project, so having today set aside for something slow and quiet has been a blessing.

I have begun hand quilting the log cabin quilt, but have not gotten very far. Life interrupted as so often happens to our plans, and I’ve not gotten back to it since life has settled back down a bit. It’s a queen size quilt and will take more than a few slow Sundays to finish. I will likely write about it when I get it back in the frame and start working on it again. Until then I have plenty of smaller projects in various stages of completion to keep me stitching slowly on Sunday.

I’m linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy’s Quilts  https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/02/slow-sunday-stitching_23.html

I’m linking up with One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts
https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/p/omg-one-monthly-goal.html

I’m linking up with RSC at So Scrappy https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/p/rsc19.html

1 comment:

Kim Sharman said...

Lovely fabrics in your log cabin block. 'Tis funny how things turn up after a long time. Enjoy your slow stitching.