Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Morning in Paradise

                        
    Sunrise on the canyon.



                                 A rainbow in the distance.

I love mornings. I’ve always been a morning person, it’s when I have the most energy, and the day is fresh and new. I enjoy the quiet and stillness, and the birdsong when there is some. I realize that many households have a very different experience of morning, rushing to work, getting breakfast and lunch ready for kids before the bus arrives. That is just not my reality though rushing off to work to care for other people’s kids has been a big part of my experience. It just isn’t now. Not because of this virus though.

I wonder if the stay at home orders have brought anything other than anxiety to families that are used to the morning rush. Have there been any positive effects to not having to run out the door and be away from each other for most of the day? Some families are spending much more time together because of all this, and some are forced apart, they don’t live together so they can’t see each other, except electronically. I’m about an hour and a half distant from my dad who is in his 90s. I had planned for more frequent visits now that I’m retired and have the time to go, but that will have to wait. I have other family there as well that I also miss seeing, and family farther away. I’m grateful for the ability to stay in touch electronically. 

                                 In the meantime I quilt. 

My OMG for April is coming along. Only one corner area left to piece. Most of the rows are already sewn together. I hope to have it together by the end of day tomorrow if not today. There are other projects waiting in the wings.


                         
                             A baby quilt waiting to be pieced.

 RSC blue scraps waiting for a design.

Lots to do, guess I’d better get busy. The sun is fully up now and the morning is glorious. I’ll leave you with one more glimpse.

                     Sunlight and raindrops on the maple leaves.

1 comment:

Janice Bill said...

I kind of feel bad for enjoying the quarantine because I now have the
guilt free excuse to sew and craft for hours. Whaddya going to do.
Life gives you lemons make lemonade.