Saturday, March 7, 2020

Saturday Scrappy Squirrel

I’m so glad I found and joined the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2020. It forced me to get my scraps organized. Getting them into separate drawers organized by color has made a world of difference in their accessibility. So thank you to Angela at Soscrappy for hosting the monthly challenge. 

I also want to thank Patty at Elm Street Quilts for hosting One Monthly Goal. The motivation to focus on one main goal for the month is helping me accomplish much more than I typically do. I’m also very much enjoying seeing other quilters projects as they work towards their own quilting goals. Which brings me to another person to thank,  Kate of Life in Pieces for including a link to Angela’s tutorial on Sparkle Stars. 


Kate’s Sparkle Stars quilt is her OMG for March, her blocks are so pretty and the block itself is very attractive. So I followed the link to the tutorial and pulled out my teal scraps for the RSC2020 for March and tried my hand at a new block. I’ll need to do some more practice blocks to get this just right but the tutorial is clear and makes a complicated looking block simple to construct. Thanks to Angela at Soscrappy for the tutorial.  Another reason I’m excited about having found this tutorial is because it uses the Tri Recs rulers I’ve had for many years but  never had a pattern to use them on before.

Finally, my Saturday Scrappy squirrel. First thing this morning I headed to the sewing room and pulled out purple and green scraps for a table topper I plan to make with Sparkle Star blocks. Something  smallish that will give me good practice making the block. I’ve left the mess of scraps on my pressing table though and worked on my little elephant for my March OMG instead. I’ve made good progress and the quilt top is almost completely marked. Once that part is finished I’ll spend some time on the table topper.

I’m linking up with Angela of Soscrappy at http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2020/03/scraphappy-saturday-turquoise-love.html

I’m also linking up with Patty of Elm Street Quilts at https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2020/03/one-monthly-goal-march-link-up.html

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

How much practice could you need? Your Twinkle Star in TEAL looks perfect!!

Jenny said...

Welcome to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge group. This is my second year and I have to say it's such fun, so many lovely colourful projects are stitched and shown at each slinky party!

Susie H said...

Welcome to the group! This is only my 2nd year of RSC so I missed that 2014 star block too. Thanks for the tutorial link. I like the looks of it too and your teal version is very pretty! I noticed your profile listed Paradise as your home. How did you fare during the fires? Do you know of Lynn from Sew'n Wild Oaks? I love her blog. Have a great week and see you next Sat!