Wednesday, March 25, 2020

First 2020 Finish

My OMG for March was to get the elephant quilt marked, layered, basted, and at least the elephant quilted. It may not have been a very ambitious goal but I kept going after reaching that goal two weeks ago to complete the quilt. Having so much time to spend at home this month has helped me accomplish this first finish of 2020, even after spending an entire week chasing squirrels.

I began this quilt in July of 2018 before my niece’s baby was born. Beckett James Rosenbaum is 19 months old now. I don’t have a very good record for getting baby quilts done when the recipient is still a baby.

Now that it’s done I’ve got to figure out how I’m going to get it sent. I understand the post office is open but I’m reluctant to go out when I don’t have to, I’m in a high risk category for this virus.


Here is the quilt partially done in November of 2018 and the squirrel of a runner that sidelined it for many months. Thought I needed a new runner for my kitchen cabinet. Of course the Camp Fire also happened in November of 2018 and though we didn’t lose our home in the fire we had to be out of our home for six weeks because of the fire. Then medical issues happened that kept me from quilting for most of 2019. I was so glad when last year was over, only to find the whole world in jeopardy in 2020.


Not to end on a downer note, here is the finished runner. Each little section was quilted individually so the whole thing took quite a long time. But I’m very happy with the result. It was a 2019 finish.

Another baby is on the horizon, Beckett will have a little sister soon and I hope to have her quilt done in time for the baby shower in May. That is an ambitious goal. The pieces are cut and arranged on the design wall, sewing the pieces together has begun too. This quilt won’t be such a challenge as the elephant was, but I think it will be sweet all the same.

I hope you are getting in some good quilting time during this new shelter in place reality. Please stay safe.

I’m linking up with One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.
https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2020/03/one-monthly-goal-march-finish-link-up.html

1 comment:

Patty said...

Such a sweet quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.