Sunday, January 10, 2021

Second Sunday

Well, here we are at the Second Sunday of January and I've managed to stay out of the sewing room today and focus on hand quilting my Purple Leaves whole cloth quilt. I've finished up the lower parts of the hoop where I was last week and was getting pretty close to the edge of the quilt so have moved the quilt in the frame back toward the center where there are more leaves to stitch not so close to the outside edge. As you can see I'm still in Christmas mode. I think I'll enjoy my tree and decorations for one more week but by next Sunday Christmas should be put away. I will probably keep my Christmas tablecloth on the table, but flip it to the back side. I purposely gave it a backing that I could use when Christmas was over. It still has trees all over it, but it's not so obviously Christmasy. 

I stitched on my little quilt for a few hours this morning and have been resting and doing a few other things this afternoon, but am ready to get back to stitching for a while longer now. When I want to watch TV while I stitch I come out to the couch. The light out here is good and the couch has a fold down section where I can very conveniently put all my tools, tea, and snacks. It's a pretty comfortable place to work. The fireplace is nearby too, so the room stays cozy on these cold dreary days. That's my kitty Nigel laying up against the wall - sorry he's a little fuzzy in the picture. 

I don't know how many Sunday's in a row I'll manage to stick to my plan to spend them hand quilting but I'm off to a good start. Ha! Two weeks. 😊 

Well, I hope you are having a good start to your week. Stay safe and Healthy! 

I'm linking up with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching


6 comments:

Deb said...

I love the nifty little pull down part of your couch, it makes for a cozy stitching spot. Two weeks into your plan is a great start love the whole cloth purple you are working on. Happy Stitching.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Purple Leaves looks lovely, and your little hand stitching corner looks cozy ;)

Jenny said...

You have a nice comfy sewing spot all set up, with everything to hand!

Kim said...

It looks like the perfect place in which to enjoy a little hand quilting. It sounds cosy and warm. Enjoy your stitching.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Keep up the good work, Janis! You're 2 for 2. :o))

Kate said...

You are off to a good start for 2021. Enjoy your stitching time this week.