Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Maybe in May

Roman Square Quilt / May OMG 
My monthly goal for April was to be at least half way finished quilting this Roman Square quilt. However I didn’t have fabric for the back and mail orders are snail pace slow these days. But today I got notified that my order has shipped. Hurray! Or is that hurry!? It’s posted to arrive on the 11th. So now it’s time to get the top down off the design wall and get it marked so it will be ready to layer when the backing fabric arrives. My One Monthly Goal for May is to get it done. Abigail’s birthday is early in June and I’d love to have it ready for her by then.

Suzette checking out my stash
I spent some time last week rearranging the storage system for my stash while waiting for my order to be shipped. I don’t have a large stash because I try to refrain from buying fabric that I don’t have a plan for, though sometimes I do splurge and buy fabric I just love hoping that I’ll figure out something to do with it. I’ve had my fabric in plastic storage bins since moving it into Flo’s studio because the studio was known to sometimes have unwanted critters on the loose. Having it in bins also made it very easy to store while the place was for sale and to transport to the new house. And it was organized in the bins so I left it that way until last week. Every time I wanted to look for fabric I had to pull out one or more heavy bins and I was getting tired of it. Now it’s all visible at a glance and the only critters in my sewing room are my cats. They may be curious but they leave my stuff alone unless I’m actually working on it. Then of course they want to be in the middle of it. The picture only shows part of the stash.

Boot Quilt Beginnings
One of my newly emptied bins will make a good project box for the boot quilt I started over the weekend. It’s intended as a Christmas present so no real need to work on it for the moment. I don’t have a suitable background fabric for it so can’t do much more now anyway. It can wait while I work on Abby’s quilt. Having chosen fabrics reserved in the project box will be good. And having block dimensions and my general plan for this quilt noted in my database will be very helpful when it’s time to pull it out and get it done.



I’m linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for One Monthly Goal.
https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2020/05/one-monthly-goal-may-link-up.html

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Your boots are adorable! Will they all be a shade of green? And what a fun Roman Square quilt. Good luck with the quilting process. :) Thank you for your comment on my blog this morning. In case you aren't aware, you are listed as a "no comment blogger."

Janis said...

I love those boots!

Patty said...

That's an awesome quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.