Sunday, January 16, 2022

Slowing Down

After almost two years I've finally begun working on my Feather and Fan baby blanket again.  I started it several years ago and did pretty well to about the half way mark of the project. But I messed up just as the first wave of Covid lockdowns hit California. The fix was beyond me so it's been sitting in my closet all this time waiting for me to get the help I needed to get it fixed. 

Our local yarn shop moved to a new location recently and I went in to see what the new shop was like. I found out that I could have a one on one session with one of their teachers to help me with my knitting problem. So I set up a time and got my project out of the closet. The woman who worked with me was very kind and obviously an experienced and knowledgable knitter. She got my mess up all taken off and got me back to a place where I could continue the knitting for myself. I want to take classes from her. I'm very much a knitting novice and know I have lots to learn. 



I'm also working on a crochet shawl. This is a new project for me, using the shell stitch. It goes pretty well until I get to the last stitch where I need to add the last shell. That part is a hassle every time. Otherwise the project is coming along nicely. I get a couple of rows done most mornings while my husband and I have our coffee time together. We are early risers, and enjoy the cozy togetherness with our little kitty Suzette by the fireplace. She plays, Dan reads, and I stitch while the sun slowly rises. 



I've crocheted two other projects recently. One was a new poncho for my great niece's birthday. The child pattern I have has three sizes. I made her the small size in purple a few years ago and this time made the medium size in pink.  The other one was a simple beanie for myself. 

I have other slow stitching projects that need my attention and I hope to get busy with them soon. 

I've been working on lots of other projects throughout this past year, and perhaps I'll make some posts about them in the coming weeks. I'm purposely slowing down for now, I've started numerous projects for myself over the years and most of them have gotten put aside while I've worked on things for others. I've been happy to do this and it gives me joy to gift my quilts to people I love. I just think it's time to turn my attention to some of the projects I've been neglecting. 


Suzette



I'm linking up with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching


3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm so happy that you found someone who could get you back on track with your project and now it's out of the UFO closet and on it's way to completion! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Kim said...

You have some lovely knitting there. The green blanket in the pretty fan pattern is gorgeous. The shell stitch blanket is fabulous, too. Love the button backed chair both are resting on. How fabulous you have found a teacher who has been able to sort out your little knitting problem and continue to have lessons with. I must say your Suzette is a pretty cat.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting back on track with your knitting, Janis! I often need help with that, too. I haven't knit it quite some time, but would like to get back to it soon. Happy crafting!